Shangrao Xinzhou District Social Welfare Institute
If you have photos or information about this orphanage, please e-mail them to us. View the DianBai orphanage page to see an example of the type of information we're looking for. We will put the information you provide on this page to assist other families. We are particularly interested in orphanage photos (current and previous), director photo with name and tenure information, and any miscellaneous information. We appreciate your help in making this project worthwhile to adoption families.
About this orphanage:
There are two large baby rooms on the first floor, and some older kids share the second floor with the directors and other administrative offices. The third floor is currently unused. Most of the children from the "Rao" orphanage are kept in foster families.
Available from Research-China:
• Maps - Our maps are the perfect way to locate orphanages, finding locations, and other important features of your child's city. We offer maps in originals and scanned versions.
• Photographs of City - Over the years, Research-China has visited many orphanages throughout China. We have built a large catalog of photos from these journeys that are available to families for purchase. They include, for example, pictures of the orphanages and staff, foster parents, finding locations, sites around the villages, towns and cities.
• DVD of City - Research-China.Org's orphanage DVDs provide a great look into the city of your child's birth. Orphanage tours (often including babyrooms), finding locations, and cultural and historical sites provide a wonderful introduction to your child's birth city.
• Birth Parent Search Analysis - A deeper analysis of the orphanage submissions, finding location distribution, gender and health ratios, and other interesting and important characteristics of the adoption program, is available through our Birth Parent Search Analysis. This report is specifically designed for adoptive families who wish to have reliable data to use in relating a child's history, or in deciding to do additional research in a particular orphanage area.
• Yahoo Family Newsgroup - All adoptive families should join their child's orphanage newsgroup. This allows families to exchange information, locate crib-mates, and otherwise remain informed of events and information about their child's orphanage. Click here for more information about the importance of these Yahoo groups.