Poyang County Social Welfare Institute
If you have photos or information about this orphanage, please e-mail them to us. View the DianBai orphanage page to see an example of the type of information we're looking for. We will put the information you provide on this page to assist other families. We are particularly interested in orphanage photos (current and previous), director photo with name and tenure information, and any miscellaneous information. We appreciate your help in making this project worthwhile to adoption families.
About this orphanage: The Poyang orphanage sits on the Civil Affairs complex in Poyang Town. The orphanage facility has three levels, with the babyrooms located on the first level and administration on the second and third levels. The orphanage has foster families living full-time in their respective orphanage baby-rooms, and they care for more than a dozen children at a time (three or four each). Aside from the four foster families that live on the orphanage complex, there are half a dozen foster families that live around the orphanage in the various neighborhoods in Poyang Town. Most foster families care for two to five children at a time. They are paid about 200 yuan per month for each child they care for. They have each taken care of many children, some starting the fostering when the orphanage began international adoptions in 2007. We have an extensive database for these foster families, so if your child came from Poyang, we may have information for you. Contact us for more information.
Adoption Stats: Previous to joining the international adoption program in 2007, Poyang sent the children to Jianxin orphanage. All children found between 2003 and 2005 were sent to Jianxin. Children found after 2005 (there were no reported findings in 2006) were adopted from the Poyang orphanage.
2003 – 37
Director: The Poyang orphanage director is Ms. Yang Jian Lan.
Available from Research-China:
• Foster Families -Through the course of our research journeys over the years, Research-China has come across many foster families. Since they can often provide valuable life history for our children, we try to put adoptive families in touch with the famlies who cared for their children in China. The foster families and foster mothers who cared for children from this orphanage are listed here. If you find your child's name in our list, you can contact us for the foster family's phone number or address. If you have any foster family information that you think may be helpful to others, please let us know by e-mail: email@example.com.
• DVD of City - Research-China.Org's orphanage DVDs provide a great look into the city of your child's birth. Orphanage tours (often including babyrooms), finding locations, and cultural and historical sites provide a wonderful introduction to your child's birth city.
• Maps - Our maps are the perfect way to locate orphanages, finding locations, and other important features of your child's city. We offer maps in originals and scanned versions.
• Orphanage City Photo Book - Research-China.org is pleased to offer beautifully illustrated books on orphanage hometowns, including Fenyi County. Designed for adopted children to learn about their birthplaces, each book has at least 21 pages filled with dozens of beautiful photos of area people, scenery and the orphanage, as well as lots of information about the cities themselves.
• Birth Parent Search Analysis - A deeper analysis of the orphanage submissions, finding location distribution, gender and health ratios, and other interesting and important characteristics of the adoption program, is available through our Birth Parent Search Analysis. This report is specifically designed for adoptive families who wish to have reliable data to use in relating a child's history, or in deciding to do additional research in a particular orphanage area.
Address: If you would like to send a letter or package to the orphanage, click here for a downloadable address label from BlessedKids.com.Related Links:
• Yahoo Family Newsgroup - All adoptive families should join their child's orphanage newsgroup. This allows families to exchange information, locate crib-mates, and otherwise remain informed of events and information about their child's orphanage. Click here for more information about the importance of these Yahoo groups.